Friday, July 27, 2012

Lacerta Oculo

One more commission done, another step closer to starting my next series of pieces for "Monetary Bondage". I am really happy with the way this ring turned out, It is definitely a statement piece.
Lacerta Oculo, Daniel Icaza, 2012, Sterling Silver, 11.5ct  Light Green Corundum ("Green Sapphire")
As usual I always let the materials guide me in the creative process and I rarely sketch my ideas for rings before I start, it is a truly serendipitous process. In this case it just kept getting bigger and bigger (which was a little intimidating) but in the end it turned out great and didn't become so large that it would be awkward or uncomfortable.

There are still a few more rings I have to make before I can focus on the upcoming shows, but if you would like to discuss the options and possibilities for a ring of your own or for some one special in your life, feel free to send me an email at:

I will be back with more to share soon.
Until next time.
Peace and Love

No comments:

Post a Comment